Club AddressAFC Rushden & DiamondsThe Dog and Duck StadiumLondon RoadWellingboroughNorthamptonshireNN8 2DP
Wellingborough is easily reached via the A45 dual carriageway that runs from the M1 Junction 15 north-east to the A14 at Thrapston, and which connects with the A6 near Higham Ferrers. The Dog and Duck ground can be reached from junction 14 of the A45 (the A509 exit), passing a large Tesco store on your left as you follow the signs to Wellingborough, and then turning left towards the Town Centre – this is London Road, and you will see the Dog and Duck pub / restaurant on your right, with the entrance to the ground next to it (turning right at the second set in some staggered traffic lights – the first right turn is into a hotel / pub car park – follow the signs to McDonalds if in any doubt). There is a Retail Park next to the ground with Lidl and McDonalds, and another Retail Park on the other side of London Road with B&Q / Dunelm / Pizza Hut. Those travelling from the Milton Keynes / Olney area can approach the ground directly by following the A509 under the A45 and continuing into London Road.
Wellingborough is served by Stagecoach East Midlands. For afternoon games the Stagecoach X46 / X47 buses (Thrapston to Northampton) stop at the Dog and Duck and have stops in Rushden and Higham Ferrers. Alternatively there is the Centrebus W8 from the Town Centre or to / from Irchester, Wollaston and Bozeat. Details of these and other public transport options can be found here (use Dog and Duck, Wellingborough as your destination).
Wellingborough station is on the Midland Mainline that runs from St Pancras International to Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield with trains operated by East Midlands Trains. For details of train times please see the National Rail Website.
The ground is just over a mile from the station. For routes to the ground click here.
Dog & Duck Facilities
For details of the facilities available at the Dog & Duck, including a ground plan, see here.
Car Parking / Pedestrian Access
Parking at the ground is limited to players, matchday officials, registered disabled and working volunteers only.
Limited parking is available at:
- Juniper Trading Ltd, Mayfayre House (on the corner of London Road / Denington Road)
- Plastic Wizard Ltd in Denington Road (NN8 2QH).
There is also parking available at:
- The Embankment (Public car park and roadside parking) – see here for a location map. For evening games please check closing times for the public car park.
- Everitt Close, off Denington Rd (1st left on entering the Industrial Estate) Warning: Parking restrictions are in force, don’t park on the single yellow lines. For evening games there is also the possibility of parking in Denington Road after the restrictions have been lifted for the evening.
- Broadway and side roads (past the ground if heading towards the town centre and turn left at the traffic lights).
- Castle Road (past the ground if heading towards the town centre, straight over the traffic lights and then first right).
Town Centre parking:
- Commercial Way Multi Storey (Swansgate Shopping Centre – opposite The Castle Theatre) Opening times – 5.30am-11.55pm
- Jacksons Lane Car Park (High Street – just north of the town centre – Open 24 hours)
For more detail on Town Centre parking including a link to a location map see here.
It is a 10 – 15 mins walk from the town centre to the ground or you can catch any of the following regular buses from Church Street or Castle Way which stop just outside the ground: Centrebus W8, Stagecoach X46 / X47
In all cases please park sensibly and do not block any access or entrances. When parking in any public car park please check closing times and other limitations. All cars parked at owners risk.