Since the last home game for the Diamonds at the Dog & Duck, a team of volunteers has been working to upgrade the standing area at the stadium with a new shelter down the side of the pitch between the away dug-out and the players’ tunnel.
The work has been agreed between AFC R&D and Wellingborough Town, with the Diamonds meeting any costs, as this will be an asset for AFC R&D that can be moved when we have a new ground – in a similar way to other facilities like the Peter De Banke covered terrace, Dale’s Bar, the new turnstiles or the Club Shop / Office.
The new shelter was designed and fabricated by Andy Brown – who also helped with construction. Special thanks also go to:
- Duncan Reynolds for his drilling and lump hammer skills.
- David Hales for his drilling and roofing technique.
- Rob May and Jim Playle for their assistance in the construction.
- Bob Osborne for helping Andy supervise the project, and for keeping the workforce refreshed.
- Mark Hedges for his additional support when his commitments with Dog & Duck pitch maintenance allowed.
See below for some views of the new facility – click on any photo for an expanded view.