AFC Rushden & Diamonds will play next game in their Pre-Season campaign on Tuesday evening when they visit Brackley Town (KO 7:45pm).
Details of the full pre-season campaign are here.
Leave the M1 at Junction 15A and follow the A43 South (signposted Oxford & M40).
After approximately 8 miles the road crosses the A5 at a roundabout just outside Towcester. Follow the A43 past Silverstone to Brackley and at the first roundabout (BP garage), take the first exit (signposted A43, Oxford & M40). At the second roundabout, take the second exit (signposted A43, Oxford & M40). At the third roundabout, take the third exit (signposted Brackley, South). After approximately 100 metres, take the 2nd exit at the mini roundabout (Tesco store on the left, Mercedes / Petronas Formula One Racing on the right), and follow the road towards the town. The New Locomotive public house is almost immediately on the left hand side and Churchill Way is the next turning on the right as you go up the hill. (Signposted Football Club). Turn into Churchill Way and follow this road which leads directly into the Club car park.
Admission prices are Adult £5, Concessions £3 and under 16s free.
Parking Directions – Brackley Town FC has restricted parking at its ground and following local residents complaints of inconsiderate parking resulting in police issuing tickets for illegal parking has drawn up this guide to assist visitors and help you enjoy your visit to St James Park :-
- Match day parking is set aside for players, officials and authorised visitors including disabled vehicles with remaining parking on a first come first served basis.
- Brackley Town FC encourage car sharing so as to reduce vehicle and environmental impacts and have introduced a car parking charge of £2 for cars and £5 for minibuses
- Vehicles must park where indicated by stewards so as to maximise capacity and avoid obstructions
- Disabled vehicles and minibuses should ensure they have pre- booked their places at least 24 hours in advance with the club and arrive at least 45 mins before kick off
- Any disabled drivers or minibuses which have failed to pre book or arrive less that 45 mins before kick off – unless otherwise agreed with the Car Park Supervisor – may be refused entry if space unavailable though assistance will be given in directing to alternative parking.
- Alternative car parking is available in the town centre in Market Place and at Hinton Road opp Fire Station
- Coaches –All Coaches should enter Brackley from the direction of Brackley South off the A43/ A422 Banbury Roundabout and cross over the 1st Roundabout ( Tesco / Merecedes GP ) and travel up Oxford Road towards Town Hall.
- Supporters Coaches must confirm their attendance incl numbers , coach company ,,departure and anticipated arrival times with Stephen Toghill ( Head Steward ) at least 24 hours in advance of kick off
- Coaches should arrive before 14.00 / 19.00 so as to minimise any health and safety issues
- We reserve the right to charge Supporters Coaches on a reciprocal basis to park at the ground and Coaches which are not booked in advance or arrive late without good cause will be charged
- Supporters Coaches which arrive after 14.15 / 19.15 may be refused access or charged up to £25 to park
- Please do not park in residential streets or cause obstructions as following residents complaints illegal and inconsiderate parking has become a local police priority and could result in any such vehicles being ticketed and / or removed by the police.
Travel planning advice: A number of websites can give detailed travel planning advice to assist you in your journey including: AA route planner (for car journey planning), Cyclestreets (for cycle journey planning); Google maps (for public transport and car journey planning), National Rail enquiries (for train journey planning), Ordnance Survey (maps), RAC route planner (for car journey planning), Traveline (for public transport), walkit.com (for planning walks).
There is a Diamonds Match Diary here, and the club twitter feed will provide the latest information before, during and after the match using the link https://twitter.com/AFCRD or by following @AFCRD. See below for details of all the social media options for following the Diamonds, as well as details on Radio Diamonds.
Player and Match Sponsorship options are detailed in the Commercial Section of this website as detailed here
The latest fixture news is here. You can find a directory of all of the EVO-STIK League South, East Clubs, with links to web pages, twitter feeds etc here, where you will also find a set of links to other useful resources.
There are a range of social media options available to help follow the Diamonds, with the well used and liked twitter feed to the fore, as well as a Facebook page and Club Instagram Page (follow afcrd), and a Snapchat service, accessible on mobile platforms such as an iOS or Android Phone, so you can follow the live matchday story by finding afcrd on Snapchat.
Radio Diamonds will broadcast commentary on games once the League Season starts – details here.
Don’t forget you can get a regular Diamonds news bulletin delivered to your inbox, including details of all the forthcoming fixtures by signing up to the Club Newsletter – you will see a sign-up box on the right-hand side of the site homepage – just under the Gold Bond Logo.
For details of the history of AFC Rushden & Diamonds see here.
The club depends upon volunteer support from its fanbase. If you would like to join the group who help either on matchdays or behind the scenes see here.
People accessing the website via Tablet or Mobile who want to access some of the nested menus on the website may find the “Quick Links” tab useful – found just under the “Auto Windscreens” logo on the homepage.