AFC Rushden & Diamonds have a vacancy for a Head of Academy & Youth development.
All applications to email@example.com
Closing date for applications 1st December 2015
Working closely with the Academy Director, the post-holder will be responsible for overseeing the AFC R&D Academy and Development Centre (U9-U16). They will also work closely with the U18, U21 and 1st team managers to track the progress of players as they move through the 16-21 phase of AFC R&D’s youth structure. The key aim of the Head of Academy and Youth Development is to ensure that as many players as possible are brought through the club’s youth structure and into the first team squad.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Head of Academy
Reporting to the designated Academy Director, the post-holder will:
– Agree the AFC R&D Academy programmes of coaching with the Academy coaches ensuring they are appropriate and relevant to the age groups, U9 to U16,
– Plan, organise, monitor and evaluate the delivery of the coaching programmes,
– Recruit scouts, Academy Coaches and Academy Admin Assistant of the required level,
– Work with AFC R&D Academy coaches to recruit new players for the Academy and Academy Development Centre,
– Ensure timely registration of players with the relevant league, arrange pitches for training and matchdays, arrange referees for matchday, arrange matchday refreshments for players, ensure match day data is provided to league by coaching staff by league set deadline, ensure timely registration of players with the relevant league,
– Keep accurate and up-to-date records of player payments and chase up outstanding payments,
– Oversee and monitor the financial management of the AFC R&D Academy and Academy Development Centre.
– Maintain effective communication with Academy coaches and the Academy Director,
– Promote the improvement of coaching standards and the continued professional development of the coaches,
– Report on a monthly basis to the Academy Director on the planning, organisation, administration and implementation of the Academy and Academy Development Centre.
- Head of Youth Development
Reporting to the Club Chairman, the post holder will:
– Work with relevant manager to bring new youth players into the club as required,
– Ensure that there is an opportunity open to every player leaving the AFC R&D Academy at age 16 to continue playing football for AFC Rushden & Diamonds,
– Work with U18 and U21 managers to ensure development of all players through sharing of information on player progress,
– Liaise with the first team manager and U21s manager to facilitate the transition of the best players from U21 level to the Club’s senior team,
– Facilitate quarterly meetings with the U16s, U18s, U21s and First team managers and coaches,
– Manage the loan of youth players to other clubs as required,
– Constantly assess the effectiveness and relevance of the club’s 16-21 offering and provide feedback on this to the Club Chairman as required.
- The successful applicant must:
- Be able to work unsupervised and on own initiative.
- Have a positive, determined attitude allied to the Club’s objectives.
- Follow club safeguarding and safer recruitment policies.
- Report any concerns re player welfare to the Club Welfare Officer.
- Attend first aid and safeguarding training when necessary or as requested by the Club.
- Wear Club ID at all times when on Club business.
- The post-holder may appoint a suitable administration assistant.
- The post will be offered subject to a successful enhanced DBS Check.
- Applicants must hold at least a UEFA B coaching qualification.
- This is a paid part-time role.