AFC Rushden & Diamonds play at Hayden Rd, Rushden NN10 0HX – see here for a map of the ground and local area. The ground itself is best accessed from the west. Take the A6 Rushden and Higham bypass, and exit at the junction with Newton Road. Follow the road past the cemetery, and take the sharp right hand turn immediately after the Risdene Academy onto Hayden Road. The ground is approximately a quarter of a mile on the left.
There are several bar and catering facilities at Hayden Rd. The main Club Bar has the usual range of facilities as well as BT Sport. This is to the left as you face the ground from the road. Dale’s Bar is alongside the Peter De Banke Terrace which is to your right as you enter the ground. Dale’s Bar serves real ale as well as snacks and soft drinks. The Diamonds Club Shop is also at that end of the ground. There is also a catering facility next to the old main stand that serves a range of hot and cold food – the “Burger Monster” is in charge of catering, having won awards in the past for the food on offer.
For details of Ground Regulations see here. See here for the Acceptable Behaviour Statement.
Parking in the immediate area of the ground is confined to on street parking within residential areas. Consequently, we would respectfully ask visitors to the ground to park considerately and ensure residents are not adversely affected, road ways are kept clear and not to park on grass verges. Ideally, we would suggest making use of the free parking in the town centre and then walking the short distance to the ground.
For local supporters within Rushden and Higham Ferrers the best approach is to either walk, cycle or catch a bus to the ground. If you decide to drive we ask that you car share where possible to reduce car parking requirements.
There are no public parking spaces at the ground other than 2 disabled spaces. Cycle parking is provided.
Walking directions from Rushden town centre to Hayden Road: The ground is only 10 minutes’ walk from St Mary’s Church, nearby car parks and bus stops in the centre of Rushden. We would recommend supporters make use of the town centre facilities and walk the short distance to the ground. Newton Road starts in the town centre near St Mary’s Church so all you have to do is walk up the hill with Lidl and Rushden Amateur Sports Club on your left. After you pass a small garage with a “Fina” totem pole turn left onto Cromwell Road and the ground will be in view.
Car parking In Rushden Town Centre: East Northamptonshire District Council car parks are detailed below. These are well located depending on which way you enter Rushden town centre. All are within walking distance of the ground and free to park. Please check specific time restrictions at each car park.
The car parks are mainly located along either Duke Street or Rectory Road, both roads form a one-way ring road around the town centre joined by Church Street and Newton Road adjacent to St Mary’s church.
|Location||Post code||Disabled bays||Number of bays||Walking time to the ground|
|Crabb Street||NN10 0RH||0||8||15 mins|
|Duck Street||NN10 9ZA||4||86||10 mins|
|John Street||NN10 9NL||4||102||10 mins|
|North Street||NN10 6BU||0||31||20 mins|
|Rectory Road/ Portland Road||NN10 0HA||0||19||10 mins|
|NN10 9SG||4||97||15 mins|
On street car parking: For those spectators arriving early for the game there will be limited on street car parking available in and around Hayden Road. You are requested not to park on Birch Road, Maple Road and Short Stocks. Other roads, such as Hove Road and Cromwell Road may offer parking opportunities although we would remind you that these are residential areas and you should always park responsibly. Please do not park blocking drives or access routes. We would recommend you use the nearby town centre car parks.
Driving directions to Rushden town centre: Depending on your direction there are several ways into Rushden:
- From Northampton and Wellingborough on the A45 come off at A5001 signposted towards Rushden town centre. Keep on the road until you reach the 5th roundabout which is in the centre of Rushden. Take the first exit onto Duck Street where you will find several carparks. If you want to go straight to the ground from this route take the second exit onto Church Street and then Newton road. Continue up the hill and turn left onto Cromwell Road.
- From Kettering, Burton Latimer, Irthlingborough on the A6 and Huntingdon and Cambridge on the A45 from A6/A45 (Chowns Mill Roundabout) take the A6 Higham Ferrers / Rushden bypass towards Bedford. At the 3rd roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Newton Road towards Rushden town Centre. Approximately ¾ mile towards the town centre, immediately after the Rushden Academy school turn right into Cromwell Road this then leads into Hayden Road. The ground is 100 meters on the left. To go to the town centre, remain on Newton Road for ¼ mile. As you enter the town centre St Mary’s Church will be on your left and follow the one- way system in the right-hand lane until you come to a roundabout. Take the 2nd exit onto Duck Street for car parking.
- From Bedford on the A6 take Rushden bypass towards Kettering and at the 1st roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Newton Road. Then turn right immediately after the school into Cromwell Road if you are going to the ground or carry on along Newton Road for the town centre and easier parking.
Bus Services: Rushden town centre is serviced by both express and local services and the main bus stops in Skinners Hill/ High Streel are around a short 10-minute walk to the ground. Follow the walking instructions above. The primary bus services are:
- X46/ X47: Northampton, Wellingborough, Rushden, Higham Ferrers and Raunds. Operated by Stagecoach. Half hourly service at peak times – details here.
- 49: Rushden Lakes, Rushden to Kettering via Irthlingborough and Finedon. Operated by Stagecoach. Hourly service operating until 7pm – details here.
- 50: Rushden Lakes, Rushden to Bedford. Operated by Stagecoach. Hourly service operating until 7pm, interlinking with Service 49 to Kettering – details here.
- 25: Rushden to Bedford via Harrold, Pavenham and Oakley; limited service with last bus leaving Skinners hill at 5:10pm. Operated by Grant Palmer – details here.
- Wellingborough: half hourly East Midlands Trains services to London and Sheffield/ Nottingham. Bus connections via X46/47 from Wellingborough town centre. Taxis are available on the station forecourt or can be booked.
- Bedford: frequent Thameslink and East Midlands Trains services although there is a limited bus connection from Bedford Rail station, with the Rail Station being 10 minutes walk from Bedford Bus Station – details here.
Taxi services: There are numerous taxi companies available either in the Rushden or Wellingborough area. Selected provides are show below.
- Rushden/ Higham Ferrers: Brian’s Taxis 01933 411313, Rushden Taxis 01933 411410, Gpstaxis 01933 355055, Alco Taxis 01933 412222
- Wellingborough/ Finedon/ Irthlingborough: Lee Cabs 01933 442444, Nucabs 01933 226565, Baldrys 01933 223909.
Travel planning advice: A number of websites can give detailed travel planning advice to assist you in your journey including: AA route planner (for car journey planning), Cyclestreets (for cycle journey planning); Google maps (for public transport and car journey planning), National Rail enquiries (for train journey planning), Ordnance Survey (maps), RAC route planner (for car journey planning), Traveline (for public transport), walkit.com (for planning walks).