AFC Rushden & Diamonds are looking for a Club Secretary to take over the position from the start of the 2014/15 season onwards.
The main purpose of the role is to be the principal football administrator for the club. The Club Secretary carries out or delegates all the administrative duties that enable the club’s football teams to function properly. The Club Secretary is a pivotal role within the club and has a close involvement in the general running of the club. The Club Secretary and their assistants provide the main point of contact for people within or outside the club on most aspects of the club’s football activities.
Responsibilities of Club Secretary and Assistants
- Official contact between Club, County FA, Leagues and other clubs
- Work closely with the club appointed officers in ensuring the smooth running of the club’s football teams
- Ensure club affiliation and league membership
- Ensure effective correspondence and communication
- Match Day duties to support team and officials
- Pre match arrangements with opposition and officials
- Player Registrations
- Handling player and club discipline reports
- Attending League AGM’s
- Dealing with correspondence
- Reporting results
This is a voluntary unpaid position
The club would also like to receive applications for assistant club secretaries to form / join the club’s secretarial team.
By advertising this role with plenty of notice the club hope that they might find an applicant who can get involved this season, working alongside the current club secretary in order to become familiar with the role.
Those who are interested should contact the club by calling the club on 07986 358973 or email to email@example.com
For details of other current and ongoing vacancies at the club see the Club Vacancies page here.