A number of changes to the laws of the game have been introduced for the 2019/20 season. These came into force from 1st June, and were first seen in the Women’s World Cup.
They are detailed on the Referee’s Association website here.
They affect the following areas
- Dropped ball (inc. uncontested rule)
- Free Kicks (inc. defensive wall rule)
- Goal Celebrations
- Goal Kick (inc. ball not needing to leave area rule)
- Handball (inc. certain accidental occurrences now being free kicks)
- Medical Breaks
- Penalty Kick (inc. Goalkeeper must have one foot on goal-line)
- Players’ Equipment
- Quick free kick and YC/RC (inc. allowing retrospective cards)
- Substitutes (inc. leaving field at nearest point)
- Team Officials (inc. possible yellow cards for team officials)